Identify the purpose of application characteristics as defined in the App-ID database.Palo Alto Networks PCNSA Study Guide v10
- Category: Used for reporting and filtering, defined by PaloAlto
- Subcategory: Used for reporting and filtering
- Technology: The technology most closely associated with an application.
- Risk: Relative risk from 1 to 5 with 5 being most risky.
- Characteristics: Identifies behaviors of an application or classifications such as FEDRAMP.
App-ID applications are identified by many characteristics. They can be found at https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/8-1/pan-os-web-interface-help/objects/objects-applications/applications-overview.html#ide860abff-93f0-426a-adc3-05a9a927ca45_idb18fe533-8895-4604-97d9-4a1ea6f358a0
- Timeout: time before an idle application flow is terminated.
- TCP Timeout: time before an idle TCP application flow is terminated
- UDP Timeout: time before an idle UDP application flow is terminated
- TCP Half Closed: Max time that a session is kept in the session table between FIN and either FIN or RST.
- TCP Time Wait: Time a session remains in the session table after the second FIN or RST is received